Tuesday 12 March 2013

A Seizure Story'The F-Bomb' - Epilepsy Awareness


Story time!!! 
I had said I would tell you about a couple seizures I had that have always stood out to me.  Today's will be about the very first time I heard my mom say F**K! 
I'm never aware until after my seizure that I've had one.  In this one instance I knew it was happening(at least at the beginning).  It was the worse feeling I have ever experienced.  I was brushing my hair in the bathroom when I felt my body start to shutter. My heart was racing because I had not control over my body.  I must of walked out to the hall a bit and fell. That is when I heard my mom drop the F bomb.  She then called my brother.  I swear I was telling her 'it's okay mommy I will be ok'.  (heartbreaking).  The next thing I knew I was in my bed.  I can't imagine what its like to see a loved one go through something like that.  Most of the time it's not me I worry about, it's the people who love me that have to witness it.  

It makes me giggle now but also makes me kind of sad.  I'm so lucky to have such amazing people in my life





Now on to my wonderful supporters!  If you are not already following these lovely ladies please click on the links. They have amazing skills and beautiful nails of course.  
Thank you so much to those who have supported me so far.  I welcome more from the same people as well as others!




Jule at Lackfein




9 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your story! i really appreciate your openness and confidence about your medical condition and hope you will keep it up!

    my mom has epilepsy, too and my parents always used to try to hide it from me when i was younger because they didn't want me to be scared and worried...of course i witnessed my mum having a seizure a couple of times but i just "played along" and pretended i didn't see anything because i thought i was not allowed to know what was going on! i guess it would have been way less frightening and disturbing for me if my parents had explained the situation to me instead of (vainly) trying to keep everything under wraps!

    today, now that i know what is going on, that it's only going to last for a couple of seconds and how i am supposed to react in that moment - my parents finally managed to talk to me about my mum's epilepsy when i was 23 ;) - it's a lot less worrying to see her having a seizure and i think your family might feel the same way?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must of been hard. To not know must of been terrifying. the more knowledge people have the better they can deal with it

      Delete
  2. I appreciate your openness about this too!

    My brother has epilepsy (thankfully controlled by meds now) but the initial seizures were terrifying, and awful for my parents when happened outside of the house. The more people are aware of this, the better :)

    By the way, I just happened upon your blog as I've seen you commenting on a couple of my favourite blogs, so I thought I'd have a look at yours. Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds terrifying, but it is so great that you have such a great family that supports you so much : ) I think it is so great that you are spreading awareness about this. Thank you so very much for sharing my manicure with your readers. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like everyone else has said, thanks for your openness! I think it's really important to spread knowledge and experiences especially about less common things people have to go through (and I'm a knowledge-glutton - FEED ME).

    <3 I'm glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing your story, I was wondering what type you had. I've always been so thankful I don't have tonic clonic/ grand mal seizures. My complex partial are scary enough. I've literally walked out in front of a moving car and watched myself do it and didn't really comprehend what was going on until it was too late. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started off when i was young having just absence seizures and it progressed from there. You name it I've had it ;) Past ten years or so its been mostly tonic clonic.

      Delete
  6. Oh fack I just wrote this whole long facking comment and then pressed sign out!! Fack, just know that it was all about how sweet you are, my moms first f bomb and her first fart, don't ask!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments. I read each one and love the feedback