Tuesday 7 August 2012

Diagonal strips and my first bottle of China Glaze!!



Good morning all! Hope all my fellow Canadians had a nice long weekend.   Today I have something a little different from my usual nail art. I actually really ended up liking it.  It took some patience but I think it was worth it.

I used my very first China Glaze nail polish ever! Yes I am in the big leagues now.  I figured it was about time that I catch up to the rest of you :o)
I applied two coats of China Glaze nail polish in ‘Spontaneous’.  I’m not sure if I’m a huge fan yet. I figured because everyone uses China Glaze that it would be really great.  Maybe it is but I just built it up to much.  I tend to do that a lot.

I created the strip using manicure tape.  I waited to do this about an hour or two after I applied my base colour. It was so humid that it was taking forever to dry.   I used Revlon’s ‘Plum Night’.  I think I bought this polish over two years ago so I figured I should start using it up!  For the small dots I used Avon’s ‘Starry Sky’ polish.  This was a little more difficult trying to keep them the same size.  I used a very small dotter for this.  I wanted to give it a pearl necklace type look across.
What do you guys think? Is it a pass?

10 comments:

  1. Love this! It's simple but super eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, congrats on your first bottle of China Glaze! I am loving the sparkly accent on the stripe =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can find out more info here http://lustyforlacquer.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    Happy Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very pretty, and I love the dotted stripes/bands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I have tagged you for the Liebster Award! The information is on my blog - if you like you can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The silver dots are so sparkly I thought they were jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you only own one bottle of China Glaze! It is by far my favourite brand because they come up with some seriously awesome colours and finishes, plus they are pretty cheap in comparison with other salon quality brands. Great first choice, I love this colour on you and the nail art is simple but it looks great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments. I read each one and love the feedback