Sunday 22 July 2012

Jelly Sandwich Manicure

Mine and Nicole Gets Nailed( http://nearlynailed.blogspot.ca/) homework assignment this weekend was to attempt our first Jelly Sandwich Manicure.  I came across the manicure on tons of other blogs and just loved the look.  So again I decided to post my first attempt at one. 



I started out with two coats of Essie's 'Lapiz of Luxury'



For my glitter I added a coat of American Apparel's 'Galaxy'. 


Then I topped it off with one more coat of Essie's 'Lapiz of Luxury'. Ta-Daaaa. I was pretty happy with it.  I'd like to try something in purple next time.


I tried one more out with Revlon's 'Royal'.  I really like the way this one turned out


11 comments:

  1. I love that shade of blue - might have to pick it up!!! I think you WON!!! Shall we do another homework assignment??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I really like the effect it had on the glitter, I think I'll have to try a jelly sandwich sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I asked if this was a sandwich manicure and duh! I jumped right to the pics before reading the title. I love these types of manicures. They have so much depth. I'm loving your blog!! Such great nail art. And thanks for joining my page!!

      Delete
  4. I have Galaxy and Lapiz of Luxury and would never have thought of making a sandwich with that combo but it is beautiful!! And a good way to keep those big glitter pieces in Galaxy nice and flat. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! I have yet to master the Glitter Sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Very first glitter sandwich manis! I really like what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments. I read each one and love the feedback